to close window -.
Audit (Validation) Points
- Verify each line item in the expense
- Verify all required receipts are received and
- Travel dates on TA have been pre-approved by
agency and represent authorized travel. If dates on ER do not
fall within the pre-approved date range, this may indicate unauthorized
travel expenses and should not be approved for payment by pre-auditor
without valid comment.
- Acceptable when comments acknowledging difference
in dates or actual dates of travel are identified on the ER by
the traveler/proxy.*Acceptable when ER is over 20% and has a secondary
- Travel dates should be separated to reflect each
day expenses were incurred.
- Lumped travel dates are only acceptable
in the rare instances where funding split (%) of Chartfield coding
prohibits itemization of individual expenses resulting in an expense
payment distribution of less then $0.01 or if dates of expenses
are consecutive for the following expense types: lodging, lodging
tax, parking/tolls, roundtrip mileage claims (indicated via comments
or expense type) and telephone/fax/internet.
- This must be indicated by supporting documentation
OR a comment on the expense report provided by traveler/proxy
or fiscal staff. ONLY in THIS situation are expenses exceeding
$10 NOT required.
- Actual dates of travel and actual amounts
of individual expenses are required in the description field.
the OBM Travel Rule, no expense report can be approved if submitted
over 120 days from the last date of travel (as indicated by the last
day of travel on the ER) unless mitigating circumstances exist. Approval
of an expense report submitted over 120 from the last date of travel
will require approval from OBM State Accounting Deputy Director in
the form of an OBM Travel Exception.
- Acceptable when there is an approved OBM
Travel Exception referenced in the comment box or attached to
the ER as a receipt document.