to close window -.
General Overall Expense Report Audit (Validation) Points
Compare the Receipts and the Expense Report
- Verify each line item in the expense report individually.
- Verify all required receipts are received and legible.
- Review all comments including comments from report description, comment box, and description box.
- Identify pre-paid items. This may include airfare, overnight accommodations, and conference registration fees.
- Look for items that change from state paid to employee paid.
- Look for employee paid airfares, most airfare expenses will be state paid.
- If desired, look at other travel authorizations and expense reports submitted by the traveler for guidance.
- If the dollar value of the travel authorization estimate and the expense report are the same or the difference does not exceed more than 20% original estimate, the expense report does not require additional supervisor approval.