Travel & Expense Overview


The Travel and Expense Module in OAKS FIN is used to process 2 types of expense reimbursements:

Travel-Related Expense Reports

On occasion state agents may need to travel to perform duties related to their position. The Travel and Expense process encompasses the entire travel progression and expense reimbursement process. The Travel and Expense Module in OAKS FIN allows the Travel and Expense reimbursement process to flow smoothly.


The traveler must obtain authorization from their supervisor to travel. If the traveler will be getting reimbursed for lodging, airfare, car rental, or international travel, the traveler must submit a Travel Authorization in OAKS FIN. Once a traveler travels, they will enter a Travel Expense (TE) in OAKS FIN to request reimbursement. The reimbursement will then be routed through the approval process in OAKS FIN.


Agencies my opt to directly pay for certain travel expenses rather then requiring the traveler to pay. Travelers should check with their supervisors  to determine if the agency will pay for certain expenses (i.e. lodging, airfare). If an agency is paying for a traveler's expense, the traveler is not required to enter a Travel Authorization.

Non-Travel Expense Reports

State employees seeking non-travel reimbursements will use the Travel and Expense module and attach appropriate documentation to the expense report (e.g., invoice, receipt) for all expenses greater than $10. Travel Authorizations are not required for non-travel expenses. Agency Fiscal Officers have a five day hold period to allow for ChartField changes and federal draw downs.